Healthy Choc Nut Truffles
- 2 Cups of Almond Meal (Finely ground almonds)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp of protein powder (but you don’t need to use this)
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 10 dates (I like to soak these in boiling water for a few mins)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- Any optional extras – ½ cup of chia seeds, goji berries, cranberries etc
Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined. (Should be dense and come together). Form into balls and roll in extra coconut. Refrigerate and enjoy!
- 1 Cup of Almonds (Raw or dry roasted, it’s up to you)
- You can also use ½ cup Almonds and ½ cup ANY other nut
- ½ cup coconut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 10 dates soaked in boiling water for a few mins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey
- Any optional extras – Goji berries, cinnamon, dried fruit etc.
Place all ingredients into a food processor to mix. Press mixture firmly into tay and pop in freezer to set. Remove and chop into bars or desired size. Keep stored in freezer for freshness.
Easy Almond Florentines
- ½ cup Almonds
- ½ cup Sultanas
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 100g chopped glazed cherries (I like to replace these with cranberries or goji berries)
- 2 tbsp mixed peel
- 2/3 cup Sweetened condensed milk (you can also get a skim condensed milk version)
- 250g good quality dark chocolate
- Any optional extras – chia seeds
Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
Combine all ingredients and mix in a bowl. Place spoonfuls of mixture on trays (leave room for them to spread). Bake for 10 mins until light golden brown and set aside to cool. Melt chocolate and spread on underside of Florentines. You could also choose to use a fork and do wiggly lines over chocolate or only cover half the biscuits with dripped chocolate.
Salmon Nut Roll (Perfect for dinner party starters or nibbles)
- 375g cream cheese
- 2 x 220g red salmon drained
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup shallots
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup of Almonds (dry roasted)
- ½ cup snipped chives.
Place cream cheese, 2/3 of Salmon and sour cream in processor. Blend until smooth. Stir in Salt pepper, cayenne pepper, shallots and remaining salmon. Chill until firm. Once firm, shape mixture into logs and roll in nuts and chives. Chill until ready to serve. (Also freezes well)
- 1 Chinese cabbage shredded finely
- A bunch of Spring onions (chopped finely)
- ½ cup of roasted almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1 pkt changes fried noodles
- Dressing –
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw caster sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tspns Sesame oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
Combine all dressing ingredients and stir well. Toss all salad ingredients into a bowl and add dressing. Add the dried noodles last to ensure crunchiness!
Broccoli, beans, almonds and lemon ricotta (A salad or side)
- 300g Broccoli cut into florets
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- ¼ fresh ricotta
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry roasted Almonds, roughly chopped.
Steam broccoli and beans for 4 mins. Meanwhile combine ricotta and lemon juice in small bowl and season. Transfer veggies to bowl and sprinkle with almonds and ricotta mixture.
Stir fry (Any stir fry gets better with Almonds!)
- Any stir fry meat
- Any stir fry veg
- Garlic, Ginger, Chilli & Soy SauceSesame oil
- 1/2 cup of dry roasted almonds
Stir fry meat until brown, add veggies and before serving add roasted nuts to top!
Casarosa Australia are growers and marketers of premium quality Australian Almonds. We harvest, process and export premium quality almonds all around the world. Please contact us for more information.